Centre for Excellence in Project Management (P) Ltd. having the brand name CEPM is India’s oldest and foremost Training and Consulting company that offers a wide range of project management related services. With 650+ clients CEPM has spearheaded the dissemination of project management across India with support from Government, industry, associations and leading professionals.
CEPM is the first company in India to propagate the concepts of scientific project management.
IN LAST 30 YEARS CEPM HAS CREATED MANY FIRSTS
- Held India’s First International conference on Project Management in 1992 in association with United Nations Development Program (UNDP) which laid the foundation of scientific project management in India. Is only organisation that has organised an annual Global Symposium on Project Management every single year for last 30 years with support from Central / State Governments,, public and private corporates, various Associations, academia and national and international experts.
- The 30th global symposium 2022 along with the 4th World Project Management Forum (WPMF) Meet is being held in New Delhi on 14-15 December 2022 jointly with the not for profit International Institute of Projects and Program Management (i2P2M).
- CEPM was fortunate to have great encouragement from leading stalwarts of 1990s. Some of them are: Mantosh Sondhi, the legendary management guru and former Secretary to Government of India; Dr. DV Kapur, Founder Chairman of NTPC Ltd., Shri S Rajgopal, a well known Administrator and former Cabinet Secretary and Dr. Abid Hussain, Former Ambassador to United States.
CEPM’s SERVICES AT A GLANCE
Global Symposiums on Project Management held every year since 1992
In 2017 in the 25th Global Symposium Hon’ble Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India, Suresh Prabhu, the Chief Guest releasing the book “Building a Project Oriented Society” authored by Ms. Ruchira Jain, MD, CEPM.
Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog, (R) CEO, NITI Aayog, was the Hony. Chairman of the Symposium’s International Advisory Council.
Project Management Training
CEPM has trained 30,000+ persons on project management.
For last two decades CEPM has been providing classroom training on project management. CEPM conducts in-company training, public workshops and e-learning to prepare persons for the certifications administered by i2P2M.
CEPM has developed the Totality of Project Management (TPM) body of knowledge in consultation with leading PM experts. TPM is unique as it has subdivided the project into 8 project life cycle phases – Conceptualize, Plan, Organize, Implement, Control, Integrate, Deliver & Closeout and Knowledge Leverage in alignment with the recommendation of NITI Aayog, the Think Tank of the Government of India, in it’s high powered task force report on Projects and Program Management report. TPM curriculum is fully compliant with NITI Aayog’s recommendation. We have provided training on the Totality of Project Management to persons from over 580 companies across 20+ countries.
- TPM contents are very comprehensive and cover cutting edge tools and techniques as well as soft skills which are very important in managing projects effectively. The PM credentials – Certificate of Project Management (CIPM), Introductory Certificate In Project Management (IntroCIPM) and Project Management Essentials (CrtPME) that are offered and administered by i2P2M are aligned to the Totality of Project Management (TPM).
E-learning through our training site www.pmguruonline.com
In 2003 CEPM pioneered online training and started our e-learning platform www.pmguruonline.com which is used worldwide by persons to prepare for different PM certifications and many other project management courses.
Training is available 24 x 7…from any where…any time…at users pace pace and convenience
CEPMs Organisation Maturity Models
CEPM has developed Three most comprehensive Maturity Models to assess organisations:
- 6 Level Organisation’s Project Management Maturity Model (CEPM-OPMMA)
- Human Capital Management Maturity Model (CEPM-OHCMMA)
- Risk Management Maturity Model (CEPM-ORMMA)
In 1998-99, CEPM evolved a most unique and comprehensive maturity model to assess and measure the Organisation’s Project Management Maturity (CEPM-OPMMA) which was developed by the globally well known PM expert, Adesh Jain, who was then Director In-Charge of CEPM who had 30 years of industry experience having worked in North America and India. Model is more comprehensive than ProMMM and most suitable for Indian companies especially Indian CPSE’s. Has carried out assessment for leading companies like – IPRCL, NBCC and HSCC.
The model has 6 levels and checks 18 separate attributes to assess the maturity and was further developed over the years. The levels from lowest to highest are: ADHOC – RITUAL – COMPULSIVE – LEADERSHIP – VISIONARY – PASSION.
Human Capital Management Maturity Model (CEPM-OHCMMA) – this maturity model is a breakthrough model in addressing and measuring the maturity of human aspects in the organisation. It is applicable to industry in general and in specific to Indian CPSEs.
CEPM’s OHCMMA model is an improved assessment model than P-CMM which is primarily meant for the software industry. CEPM was awarded the assignment by HSCC to assess their organisation’s Human Capital Management Maturity.
International Project Management Team Excellence (I-PMTEA) Award
This unique award based on 100% objective assessment was launched by CEPM in 2018 as a national competition and as an International competition in 2020 with national and global teams USA, Germany, Canada such as Siemens, Tata Motors, , NITI Aayog, NTPC, IOC, GAIL, HFCL, NBCC, IGL, BEML, DMICDC, BDL, Northeastern University, USA, IIT Delhi etc.
A Cash Award of Rs. 1 lakhs + Trophy for the Winning Team is sponsored by NTPC;
A Cash Award of Rs. 25,000/- + Trophy for the Runner-up Team is sponsored by IOCL.
2018 PMTEA Winning Team from NTPC-Kudgi, sitting in front with the National Trophy along with some other participants and TKA Nair, Former Advisor to Prime Minister of India, SK Roy, Director (Projects), NTPC, Adesh Jain, Chairman i2P2M and the Award Director and Ms. Ruchira Jain, MD, CEPM who is on left.
Real time computer-based project and business simulation games from
Prendo Simulations of UK
In 2016 we became the Indian partner of Prendo Simulations of UK which a world renowned leader in project simulation programs that provide excellent learning to participants where they have to make complex decisions in managing the projects.
Same programs are used in top business schools for their Advanced Management courses like Wharton, INSEAD, Oxford, London Business School and MIT and in leading companies like Google, SAP, UNOPS, Total, Deloitte etc.
- Project Management ConsultingCEPM coaches and mentors persons and guides companies to improve their processes and project management skills. CEPM has provided consultancy for leading companies like Indian Oil, ONGC and BHEL.
C3 – CEPM developed the concept of C3 in its assignment with Indian Oil to reduce sulphur by addressing all three groups – Customer, Contractor and Consultant together for better synergy and effectiveness.
Project Management Knowledge Assessment (PMKQ) Assessment
This is a special assessment tool containing 48 questions that measures the current project management knowledge and strengths and weaknesses of users.
PM Excellence 4.0 for EPC Industry
In 2018 CEPM signed an MoU with ProjectTeam® (Germany). The MoU was signed by Frank-Peter Ritsche of ProjectTeam and Ms. Ruchira Jain, MD, CEPM.
ProjectTeam® is leading the innovation project “EPC 4.0” launched by leading consultancies and former executives in Germany in early 2018.
Ms. Ruchira Jain, CSPM, CIPM, IEDPM
Ruchira Jain who has over 30 years of experience is MD of CEPM since 2012. She became India’s first Certified Senior Project Manager in 2007 and was the first Certified Project Management Associate of India in 2000. She is also a well known trainer and has personally trained over 10,000 persons.
She has written two books.
Her first book was released in 2013 by Dr. V. Moily, Hon’ble Union Minister of Petroleum, Government of India.
- Her 2nd book “Building a Project Oriented Society was released on 4th Dec 2017 by Hon’ble Union Minister, Shri Suresh Prabhu.
Since 2001 she has conducted a large number of very highly appreciated workshops and has trained about 10,000 professionals from companies like ABB, Adani, AAI, Afcons, Areva, BG India, Birla Management Centre, BPTP, CITEC, Churchill India, DRDO, EdCIL, Essar Oil, Fortis Healthcare, GAIL, HFCL, HPCL, Indian Ports Association, Idea Cellular, Indian Oil, IRCON, Infineon Singapore, Jindal Steel& Power, JCB, Jubilant, Johnson Controls, L&T Infotech, L&T Construction, Lanco, Min. of Statistics & Programme Implementation, Mahatma Gandhi State Institute of Public Administration, NHPC, Nuclear Power Ltd., NTPC, Nayara Energy, New Holland, ONGC, Oil India, Power Grid, Punj Llyod, SAIL, Siemens, Tata Projects, Tata Power, Tecnimont ICB, TCIL, Tehri Hydro, Thermax, RVNL, etc.etc.
Mrs. Jain is one of the Subject Matter Experts of the globally used, top-rated Project Management e-learning site – www.pmGURUonline.com which was/is used by leading companies like Infosys, WIPRO, Genpact, Airport Authority of India, Headstrong, NTPC, BHEL, IREL, NTPC, Indian Oil., NHPC, Oil India etc.
Mrs. Jain has been a speaker at various international and national project management conferences including the Global Symposiums on Project Management and was an Invited speaker at the PM World Congress in Panama, in Sept. 2015 and was also invited to be the Keynote speaker at the IEEE seminar held in New Delhi in March 2004 and again at the IEEE–Jamia Millia Islamia ENCOMIUM 2004 all India Meet in September 2004.
She also holds the Certificate in Project Risk Management (CrtPRM), Certificate in Complex PM (CrtCPM), Certificate in Earned Value Management (CrtEVM) and the International Executive Diploma in Project Management (IEDPM).
Adesh Jain initiated CEPM and led it as it’s Managing Director till 2011. Mr. Jain is a very renowned and well recognized global project management leader who is shaping the PM profession globally. He is currently the Chairman of the non-profit International Institute of Projects and Program Management (i2P2M) and the Hony. Advisor of CEPM.
His dedication, commitment, passion and foresight is well appreciated nationally and globally. In November 2010 in recognition of his contribution, the Government of Turkey released his postal stamp.
He is a former President of the Swiss registered International Project Management Association and till date is only non-European to have this honor. He was conferred IPMA Fellowship in 2006.
He became Honorary Chairman of the China Construction Project Management Committee in 2006. In 2014 he was conferred the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ for his contribution in strengthening the PM movement in India. In 1999, he coined the word ‘Project Mindset’ while conducting a seminar in Stockholm.
He worked in North America in Artificial Intelligence and supercomputing. On his return to India in 1973, he joined Bokaro Steel and was responsible to bring process control automation. In 1975 he joined Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) and in 1978, became the Head of one of the divisions of BHEL. In BHEL he was the main architect of BHEL’s well known Integrated Project Management System (IPMS) which integrated technology with operations having multiple different SOPs.
Mr. Jain holds numerous distinctions. Some of them are:
The former Petroleum Minister, Dr. M Veerappa Moily referred to him as the ‘Bhishma Pitamah’ of project management’ in December 2013.
- His book titled ‘Assorted Thoughts on Project Management’ was released by Hon’ble Shri Nitin Gadkari in December 2014.
He was conferred the prestigious ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ by Hon’ble Shri Rajiv Pratap Rudy, on December 8, 2014 for his far reaching 20+ years contribution in building a project oriented India.
- He was Independent Director of NTPC Ltd. from 2009 – 2012.
- Was member of the high powered task force set up by Government of India for fixing the targets for the major Central Public Sector Enterprises from 2006 to 2012.
- Is Honorary Chairman of the China Construction Project Management Committee (CPMC).
- He was President of the Swiss registered, non-profit International Project Management Association which has membership from 67 countries worldwide from 2005-2006 and then Chairman of it’s Council of Delegates from 2007-2008. Till date, he is the only non-European person to be elected as President of IPMA and Chairman, IPMA CoD since IPMA was formed in 1965.
- Was Hony. Founding president of PMA, India
- Was President of International Construction Project Management Association (ICPMA), Switzerland.
- Is a Member of the Advisory Board of the International Cost Engineering council (ICEC) which has members across 100 countries.
- Has published over 40 papers on varied aspects of portfolio, program and project management.
- He was invited twice by NASA in their PM Challenge in 2010 and 2012 and he spoke on ‘Breaking boundaries: the key to innovation‘ and ‘Awakening project consciousness through stakeholders alignment‘, respectively.