Formed in 1992, Centre for Excellence in Project Management (P) Ltd. having the brand name CEPM India’s oldest and foremost Training and Consulting company that offers a wide range of project management related services.
CEPM had organised India’s first international conference on project management in 1992 in association with UNDP, and supported by the Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India. It is the first company in India to propagate the concepts of scientific project management. CEPM has exposed millions of persons on importance of project management through electronic and print media, Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha TV and ET Now, interviews and coverage across numerous print media.
With 650+ clients CEPM has spearheaded the dissemination of project management across India with support from Government, industry, associations and leading professionals.
- In 2023, the 5th WPMF Meet is being held along with the 31st Global Symposium 2023 on 18th & 19th December 2023 at Hotel Le Meridien, New Delhi. International participants who cannot join physically can join virtually. There will be Keynote presentations from well known National and International experts, Panel Discussions, Paper presentations and Case Studies. Event is organized by CEPM in association with the International Institute of Projects and Program Management (i2P2M), a Section 8, not for profit company.
- The World Project Management Forum (WPMF) was launched by Chairman, i2P2M, Adesh Jain with support from global PM experts. Inaugural WPMF Meet was held in New Delhi with the 27th Global Symposium on Project Management which had 600+ participants from 116 organizations across 15 countries attended and Speakers were from 16 countries. The event got support from NITI Aayog, “Make In India’ initiative of Govt. Of India, various Ministeries and leading public and private sector companies as well as seven leading Associations.
NITI Aayog supported the WPMF and Global Symposium in – 2019, 2020 and 2021.
IN LAST 31 YEARS CEPM HAS CREATED MANY FIRSTS
- In 1992 it held India’s First International conference on Project Management in association with United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and laid the foundation of scientific project management in India. CEPM is only organisation that has organised an annual Global Symposium on Project Management every single year for last 30 years with support from Central / State Governments, public and private corporates, various Associations, academia and national and international experts. UNDP associated in 1993 and 1994.
- In 1998-99 CEPM developed it’s world class, 6 Level Organisation Maturity Assessment Model covering Project Management Maturity. It later developed two more Organisation Maturity Models for measuring Human Capital Maturity and Risk Management Maturity.
- In 2003 it launched it’s web based e-learning platform www.pmguruonline.com that is used worldwide
- Since 2016, as the Indian partner of the leading Prendo Simulations of UK, CEPM offers same real time, computer based Project and Business simulation programs that are used in leading global Business Schools and global companies for a top-rated, risk free, real world experiential learning.
- In 2018 CEPM launched a unique, 100% objective, Project Management team Excellence Award (I-PMTEA) competition based on each team’s performance in 2 real time computer based simulations from Prendo, UK. Competition is monitored in UK. In 2022 is being held physical mode on 22-23 November, 2022 in New Delhi and in virtual mode for international teams. Winner trophy plus a cash award of INR 1 lakhs is sponsored by NTPC; Runner-up trophy plus a cash award of INR 25,000 sponsored by Indian Oil.
- CEPM has been providing par excellent classroom and online PM training through Hybrid Video based courses with faculty interaction and asynchronous web based thru www.pmguruonline.com.
- CEPM has trained 30,000+ persons thru classroom/e-learning mode. CEPM has conducted over 550 workshops / seminars covering Totality of Project Management (TPM) that also prepares for the ISO 17024:2012 accredited CIPM credential, IntroCIPM, Essentials of PM, Advanced PM, Agile PM, Critical Chain, MS Project, Risk Management, EVMS, etc.
- The 30th global symposium 2022 along with the 4th World Project Management Forum (WPMF) Meet is being held in New Delhi on 14-15 December 2022 jointly with the not for profit International Institute of Projects and Program Management (i2P2M).
- In 2019 it held the 27th Global Symposium dedicated to the First World Project Management Forum (WPMF) Meet held on 9th and 10th December 2019 in New Delhi was Supported by NITI Aayog. Speakers were leading experts from 12 countries. Over 600 participants from 120 organisations across 15 countries attended.
- When CEPM was formed in 1992 it was fortunate to have great encouragement from leading stalwarts of 1990s. Some of them are:-
- Mantosh Sondhi, the legendary management guru and former Secretary to Government of India,
- Dr. DV Kapur, Founder Chairman of NTPC Ltd.,
- Shri S Rajgopal, a well known Administrator and former Cabinet Secretary,
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Former Ambassador to United States